Monday, January 30, 2006

We bought a dishwasher

I realized yesterday that it has been almost 10 years since I have had a dishwasher. I am so excited to finally have someone else wash the dishes! We found a great deal on a Bosch dishwasher at Appliance Smart in St. Paul. They sell discontinued and scratch and dent appliances. I believe the one we got is an older model, since it was in packaging and was a little difficult to find online. It's stainless steel, though the picture below is white, and supposed to be very quiet. Have a look for yourself
Consumer Reports rates Bosch at the top of their brand list of dishwashers, especially when it comes to quietness. Some of their models are so quiet they even have a beam of light that shines down on the floor to let you know that the dishwasher is running. That's amazing, and maybe partly a marketing scheme, but it got me.

The other interesting thing I read in consumer reports is that the average cycle time on a dishwasher is 2 hours. I haven't had one for so long, I forget how long it takes. Having a quiet dishwasher in a small house for two hours will be very nice. Consumer Reports basically said that in low-mid range models, your dishes will be clean, but in top end models, they will be cleaned quietly. We did spend a little more than we were planning originally, but I think it will be worth it in the end.

Chad won the stainless steel debate -- I was pushing for white appliances since we weren't planning to upgrade all our appliances. But I totally caved. Score one for Chad.

Other cool features on this dishwasher include:
  • SENSOTRONIC™ An advanced scanning eye examines the level of soil in the wash water and automatically deletes a secondary fresh-water fill if not needed
  • Stainless Steel TALLTUB™ Top and bottom racks can be adjusted for improved clearance, and if you remove the top rack altogether, you’re left with an incredible 22" of usable space.

No comments:

Post a Comment